Specialist – Molecular Biology & Proteomics
You will be working on a project focused on mapping protein-protein interaction networks and their dynamics in neuropsychiatric disorders using quantitative mass spectrometry. This role is an excellent opportunity to learn a number of valuable, cutting-edge techniques in cell biology and proteomics while working with a dynamic and interdisciplinary research team. The candidate will generate cell lines expressing affinity-tagged risk genes for psychiatric disorders and perform proximity labeling and affinity purifications of proteins and their interactors for mass spectrometry analysis. The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop and implement new protocols for mass spectrometry-based proteomics experiments.
We seek a motivated, skilled Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Full Specialist to join the lab of professor Nevan Krogan at UCSF at Mission Bay (http://kroganlab.ucsf.edu), which is a highly dynamic and collaborative laboratory focusing on the molecular networks underpinning infectious disease, carcinogenesis and psychiatric disorders. Our ideal applicant is a problem solver with a positive attitude, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to learn and implement methodology efficiently.
• Junior rank: Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field.
• Assistant/Associate rank: Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of work experience in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field.
• Full Specialist rank: PhD. or 10 or more years of work experience in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field.
• Experience in cell/tissue culture of mammalian cells.
• Experience with cell/molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g., molecular cloning, transfection/transduction, protein purification, western blotting).
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines; recognize and resolve problems while maintaining a high level of organization.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with the team to review and analyze the results.
• Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Candidates must meet all qualifications by the time of hire.
• Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state basic qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Generating new cell lines and characterizing them.
• Affinity purifications of proteins.
• Preparation for samples for mass spectrometric analysis.
• Fluorescence microscopy.
• Flow cytometry.
• Experience with neuronal cell culture.
• Experience with mass spectrometry data.
• Experience with managing large datasets and/or databases.
• Experience with data analysis using R.
• Microsoft PowerPoint
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2191775, with a CV, cover letter, and two reference contacts.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disa