Cell/Molecular Biology Research Mentor
• Experienced Research Teacher needed to mentor students in Cell and Molecular Biology research projects
leading to publication and/or entry into scientific competitions (i.e. Regeneron Science Talent Search and the
Junior Science and Humanities Symposium).
• Requires experience in cell culture and sterile technique as well as associated laboratory procedures to be carried
out in a bio-safety level 2 laboratory (i.e. qPCR, ELISA, Immunofluorescence, microarray).
• Must be able to handle mentoring multiple research projects simultaneously at varying levels of student
technical expertise (novice to accomplished).
• Must adhere to all safety rules and train high school students accordingly. Be aware of the different safety
standards existing in a high school lab.
• Must prepare students and accompany to scientific meetings and symposiums (i.e. International Science and
• Maintain knowledge of emerging new technologies.
• Order and maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to motivate gifted students.
• This is a ten-month tenure-track position with formal teaching duties that include a small number of research-related
courses. Must have or be willing to obtain NJ DOE Instructional Certification.