Scientist – Lead Discovery & Optimization
Arcus Biosciences is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company focusing on cancer immunotherapy. Our strong discovery and development teams were able to bring our first molecule into the clinic from concept to the clinical stage development in less than 21 months. The recently announced multi-year broad collaboration with Gilead Sciences will greatly accelerate our clinical development activities and will create a unique professional opportunity for experienced individuals in all aspects of drug development. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Scientist to join our Lead Discovery & Optimization group. The Lead Discovery & Optimization group is central to the assessment and selection of drug candidates and the advancement of research programs into clinical evaluation.
We are looking for a self-motivated, collaborative and highly skilled individual to join our Lead Discovery team. The successful candidate will have extensive cell biology, biochemistry, enzymology and HTS experience, and will be responsible for developing and delivering robust, reproducible biochemical and cell-based assays that drive our drug discovery effort. It is expected that the ideal candidate will provide scientific guidance, management, and mentorship to direct reports, and interact closely with other scientists across the research organization. He or she also needs to be able to think critically about complex experiments and incorporate diverse input from other scientists to advance research projects.
- Ph. D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science disciplines with 0-4 years industry experience; or MS with 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in biochemical and/or cell-based assay development, optimization; high-throughput screening and/or SAR support preferred
- Demonstrated highly goal-driven approach and ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- Experience with laboratory robotics and automated data analysis is a plus
- Hands on experience with HTRF, AlphaLISA, NanoBRET, reporter assays, transient transfection, lentiviral stable cell line generation
- Great attention to details and motivation to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and strong analytical and organization skills