Research Associate: Lead Discovery and Optimization
Our Lead Discovery and Optimization team is a central, critical element of our research engine. We are looking to greatly expand the size and scope of this department, with positions available immediately. We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative and highly skilled individuals to work with us to discover novel anti-inflammatory and immunotherapeutic oncology drugs.
We have an opening for an enthusiastic and motivated research associate. The job requires the application of creative problem-solving approaches to the execution of new biochemical and cell-based assays. The successful candidate will have excellent practical laboratory skills, coupled with aptitude and enthusiasm for automated laboratory assay techniques.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing routing assays to support chemistry efforts.
- Execution of new biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Practical laboratory work, managing day to day tasks and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Utilizing liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics to implement in vitro
- Contribute during lab meetings and assist in the analysis and reporting of experimental data to project teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with 0-3 years of industry experience in molecular biology/biochemistry or related field.
- Practical experience with common cell biology techniques such as mammalian cell culture, transient and/or stable transfection.
- Proven laboratory skills coupled with an aptitude for critical thinking and exceptional attention to detail.
- Candidates familiar with at least some of the following protocols will be regarded favorably; ELISA, Fluorescence Polarization, Luminescence, Absorbance, FRET and AlphaLISA® as well as enzyme and inhibitor characterization.
- Familiarity with liquid handling systems and laboratory automation would be an advantage.