Research Associate / Senior Research Associate: Lead Discovery and Optimization
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies through the utilization of unexploited insights in immunology. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs. The recently announced multi-year broad collaboration with Gilead Sciences will greatly accelerate our clinical development activities and will create a unique and unusual opportunity for professional development, gaining in-depth exposure to industrial drug discovery and development from an experienced and proven team.
We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. Arcus Biosciences offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. Arcus is an ambitious undertaking, and we fully expect our company to become a force in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing micro-plate-based in vitro biochemical and cell-based enzymatic and ligand binding assays.
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture and conducting transient and stable mammalian cell protein expression.
- Utilizing liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics to implement in vitro
- Performing practical laboratory work, managing day to day tasks and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Contributing during lab meetings and assisting in the analysis and reporting of experimental data to project teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology or related field.
- General knowledge of biochemical, cellular and molecular theories and techniques.
- Hands-on experience with enzymatic, binding assays and cell-based functional assays. Familiarity with absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence polarization, FRET and AlphaLISA®. Drug discovery training or experience are highly desirable.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, mammalian cell transfection, and protein expression.
- Familiarity with flow cytometry, liquid handling systems and laboratory automation would be an advantage.
- Proven laboratory skills coupled with an aptitude for critical thinking and exceptional attention to experimental detail.
- Strong communications skills, self-motivation and proven ability work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstration of detailed record keeping and data documentation.
- The position title will be based on experience and qualifications