Process Development Associate
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
This position supports functions including but not limited to: drafting of experimental plans, execute on own and suggested experimental designs, research literature to improve on methods and techniques, lead defined projects, independently pursue defined goals as well as take initiative in maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, and sourcing materials and supplies, while meeting deadlines. The Employer may ask the Employee to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
• Preparation of media broth and media agar
• Development and optimization of custom media
• Culturing of bacteria in media agar and media broth
• Plate streaking techniques
• Fluorescent microscopy
• Perform focused and systematic execution of laboratory experiment and assays
• Perform data interpretation on experiments and assays conducted
• Maintain and troubleshoot lab equipment
• Prepare spreadsheets and reports
• Research literature
• Develop and improve methods and techniques
• Bacterial cell banking
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree, with a strong interest in the life sciences, with 0-3 years’ work experience in an industrial lab.
- Ability to plan and execute assigned tasks in a way that ensures efficient, thorough and organized execution, in a timely manner, is required.
- Ability to effectively research literature and other sources to improve on methods, lab processes, laboratory instrumentation, or experimental designs.
- Capable to interact and work with other team members to ensure high team productivity.
- Ability to work in cGMP environment is required
- Experience working within a quality system is preferred
- Knowledge of environmental and safety requirements is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is not required to travel
- The employee will be required to communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)