Head of Facilities
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE - our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Head of Facilities will provide overall technical expertise and leadership to develop and implement the facilities and maintenance strategies for a new commercial cGMP manufacturing, warehouse, lab, and office facility located in Boxborough, MA. He/She is accountable for building, maintaining, and continuously improving a highly effective facilities workforce, driving activity to achieve the desired departmental, site, and company outcomes, and ensuring the highest standards of workplace safety and product quality are adhered to. The position oversees all aspects of the facilities management of Arranta’s commercial plasmid and microbiome manufacturing facility, lab, warehouse, and office facilities in Boxborough, MA. The initial work will include the building of the systems, procedures and a team of skilled professionals to ensure a superior level of services in the areas of discreet and complex building systems, maintenance and repair, metrology, and custodial functions such as grounds and general maintenance. Specialty systems include the Building Management System (BMS), HVAC, water and specialty gas systems, alarm monitoring, emergency power and other critical systems to support a regulated laboratory and manufacturing environment.
- Identify and develop talent to produce a world class team consistent with the Arranta culture
- Development and maintenance of standard specifications and procedures for maintenance of plant mechanical and production systems and equipment. (Preventative maintenance programs, calibration program, etc. supporting facility start-up and ongoing continuous improvement).
- Collaborates with PD, Manufacturing, Quality for the execution of all equipment set-up, qualification, validation, maintenance, calibration, and metrology-related activities.
- Work closely with outside contractors to ensure that contracted maintenance services are performed to satisfactory specifications.
- Provides technical assistance and training to individuals to assure compliance with cGMP guidelines and written procedures.
- Promptly address plant/equipment challenges.
- Direct critical and facility equipment changes.
- Specify, review and approve purchases of equipment and service.
- Start up and commissioning of utility infrastructure.
- Assist in specifying conceptual and detail design requirements for plant expansions and improvement projects.
- Direct the activities of maintenance, construction, and other vendor/contractors.
- Responsible for the annual Facilities Operational Budget. Is accountable for effective cost management and cost control, working proactively to maintain approved departmental and project budgets, and provide budgetary forecasts as required. Integrates budgets with the Chief Financial Officer
- Hire, recruit, coach, and train employees within the Facilities department
- Build and lead a facility team
- Set short-term and long-term goals for the facilities function that are aligned with Arranta’s goals.
- Continuously assess and ensure the appropriate facilities structure is in place to support growth. Identify gaps and ensure the proper hiring and development of employees with the support of Human Resources.
- Set expectations, provide feedback and coaching, and take necessary action to ensure appropriate performance and goal attainment.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of related experience in a GMP setting
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player with the ability to influence others, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility in problem solving
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a dynamic environment.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to manage multiple projects with critical, FDA enforced, deadlines and tight budgets.
- A broad understanding of Facilities-related subject matters is required.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)