Senior Product Manager - POC Diagnostic Devices
A leading provider of diagnostics hospital and POC instrumentation systems and microfluidic devices for diagnostics, medical and biomedical applications is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager for its California location.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, he/she will be accountable for providing primary leadership in the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to assure the commercial success of assigned product(s) for POC rapid tests in the US and International regions. He/she will also design and be responsible for sales tools, tradeshows, advertising, Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationship development and management, clinical materials, and other programs to drive business.
Key Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement strategic global and US brand plans, annual marketing plans and promotional communication strategies
- Develop sales tools and other supports for the product line(s).
- Act as a liaison among the distribution partners, customers and internal cross-functional product teams to ensure the market trends and needs are communicated in order to translate the needs into new product design.
- Provide commercial input for clinical development and recommendations for and assist with implementing product improvements
- Forecast market demand in alignment with market needs and business focus.
- Keep up to date with competition and market trends
- Provide training for internal and external customers
- Lead commercialization activities for the product line, include sales meetings and trade shows
- Assist with maintaining and growing relationships with external partners
- Ensure and maintain compliance with the Company's quality system requirements through training and adherence to policies, procedures and processes
- Support sales team and distribution partners to meet customer needs and growth goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
Work Experience, Skills and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, life science, or medical technology or equivalent (10 years with a medical diagnostic device company)
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous product management experience; specifically 3 years experience in point of care diagnostics and coagulation testing in clinical setting required
- Experience with both hospital and alternate site segments a plus
- Strong presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to drive multiple projects with multiple priorities, as well as have the ability to strategically think through complex opportunities.
- Exceptional cross-functional team leadership
- On-site position, no remote work unless during travels
- No visa sponsorship, no relocation package