Associate Director, External Affairs
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking an Associate Director, External Affairs to establish and integrate GRAIL's stakeholder relationships into specific working group activities. This individual will have extensive experience working across stakeholder groups in health care, developing innovative solutions to complex challenges, and be able to navigate complex relationships at various levels of the organizations. This individual must possess the capabilities to represent the unmet needs that multi-cancer early detection (MCED) could fill, the value proposition of GRAIL's MCED test, and the larger public health impacts of MCED. We are looking for a results-driven, strong communicator to develop strong stakeholder relationships and strategic alliances with key influencers and healthcare stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Senior Director, External Affairs to support development and management of key relationships, including outreach, communications and strategy development.
• Proactively assist and/or lead the execution of educational events and programming, in collaboration with consultants, member company staff, and colleagues GRAIL-wide.
• Be the primary contact with key healthcare stakeholders. Coordinate engagement on given issues across the organization; serve as a liaison to help coordinate efforts across the multi-stakeholder education, government affairs, medical affairs, and marketing teams.
• Contribute to content and material development and dissemination in support of stakeholder outreach and engagement.
• Conduct research and analysis to produce summaries, distillations and other deliverables.
• Draft agendas, presentation materials, summary/compilation reports, and other internal documents.
• Drive quarterly updates of the initiatives assigned, outputs, and activities in collaboration with the Senior Director, External Affairs.
• BS/BA degree preferably with an advanced science, public health or allied healthcare degree
• Minimum of 7 years with demonstrated strong relationship management experience leading substantive strategic alliances and partnerships within the healthcare space
• Ability to build and develop stakeholder relationships, providing exemplary relationship management
• Ability to effectively represent strategies to senior levels of management and key thought leaders
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction; track record of working with objective based goals and success in achieving them
• Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem- solving skills
• Ability to understand, distill and communicate complex scientific and public health related concepts. Health system, oncology and diagnostic experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.