Senior Computational Simulation Engineer
We are currently looking to fill a Senior Computational Simulation Engineer. In this role you will lead mechanistic modeling and simulation projects for upstream and downstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
A typical day for a Senior Computational Simulation Engineer might include:
- Conducting research, developing, and deploying next-generation predictive modeling tools and digital twins for biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes in the following areas:
- Upstream processing in mammalian cell bioreactors
- Downstream processing, including chromatography and filtration
- Drug substance packaging, including mixing and filling
- Planning and executing simulation projects to support process optimization, process scaling and technology transfer. Help enable the long-term vision of leveraging Model Predictive Control (MPC).
- Evaluating existing simulation technology and exploring new methods as we work toward simulation-driven bioprocess design.
- Coordinating with partner organizations including process development, process sciences, product innovation, design and development, data analytics, and IT, as well as other modeling and simulation teams.
- Preparing validation protocols, design experiments and coordinating empirical testing to validate simulations. Look to utilize machine learning methods to automate and scale validation.
- Mentor others in the areas of CFD and system modeling.
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- You are recognized as a specialist in the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or other simulation environments.
- You have experience with ANSYS products, Python or Matlab.
To be considered you must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the fields of Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computational Biology or a related field, with eight or more years of progressive experience. Candidates with advanced degrees are preferred.
Candidates should be recognized as an authority in the application of simulation to industrial processes. Experience with ANSYS products and coding environments such as Python, C or Matlab is strongly preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.