Graduate Intern - Ops (Engineering)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you're working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Ops (Engineering)
This could be your everyday
Let's do this. Let's change the world. Amgen's 10 - 12 week Graduate Internship program offers meaningful and impactful project experiences! We are seeking a Graduate Intern to support Amgen in the advancement of our Environmental Sustainability goals to reduce:
- Carbon Emissions
- Water Consumption
- Waste Generation
The intern will be part of our Environmental Sustainability Team, working closely with Amgen's Engineering Technical Authority experts to progress multiple Sustainability Projects from the Ideation Phase through Conceptual Design! This role will also support the preparation of Business Case proposals to Executive Engineering Leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of strategic energy/carbon, water, and waste reduction targets across global sites for the Amgen's Environment Sustainability Program
- Identify energy and water consumption improvement initiatives and innovative / alternative technologies to optimize utility usage
- Develop the assessment, cost analysis, technical feasibility, and lifecycle impact of potential energy, water, and waste reduction related projects
- Facilitate the business case development of sustainability project proposals
- Work with project design teams and external consultants to craft, develop, and support engineering project development, plans, standards, and equipment selection
- Research and refine project scopes to optimize Environmental Sustainability returns
- Assess the overall Sustainability Program and identify Process Improvements
Here's what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineering grad intern we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master's program for a Master's internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Master's OR Pharm D OR PhD program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree concentration in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Passion and interest for Environmental Sustainability
- Knowledge of engineering principles to determine attainable usage reductions / savings (energy and utility costs) for various energy and water conservation measures
- Ability to develop and support detailed engineering analysis spreadsheets to support project justification, design, development, and capital planning
- Ability to lead and deliver results in an interactive matrixed environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you're inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
APPLY NOW for an internship that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!
careers.amgen.com. Please search for Keyword 112585
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.