Grad Intern - Ops (Engineering)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you're working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Ops (Engineering)
This could be your everyday
Let's do this. Let's change the world. Amgen's 10 - 12 week Graduate Internship program offers meaningful and impactful project experiences! We are seeking a Graduate Intern to support Amgen's Project Controls team in the development of a "Make VS Buy" Analytical Model to be used in the evaluation of investment options for Amgen's $500M+ Capital Portfolio.
This role will be part of the Project Controls, Front End Planning Team that directly enables Amgen's strategic decision making to maximize return on capital investments. The intern will partner cross-functionally with Engineering's Business Partners, Strategic Planners, and External Supply experts to evaluate the financial/operational considerations of "Make VS Buy" assessments for strategic investments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a "Make VS Buy" analytical model for the financial and operational assessments of Amgen's Capital portfolio with annual spend greater than $500M
- Establish the criteria used for evaluating In-Network versus Contract Manufacturing solutions for strategic manufacturing investments across Amgen
- Support the business case development of technological advancements and Front End Planning process improvements
- Work with project design teams and external consultants to craft, develop, and support engineering project development, plans, standards, and equipment selection
- Assess the overall Font End Planning Program for efficiency gains and propose strategic process improvements
Here's what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineering grad intern we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master's program for a Master's internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Master's OR Pharm D OR PhD program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree concentration in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Ability to develop and support detailed engineering analysis spreadsheets to support project justification, design, development, and capital planning
- Ability to lead and deliver results in an interactive matrixed environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you're inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
APPLY NOW for an internship that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!
careers.amgen.com. Please search for Keyword 112584
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.