Cloud Security Engineer - IAM
Amgen is searching for an IAM Cloud Engineer who will be reporting into the Global Information Protection Organization in Amgen and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgen's new Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.
The IAM Cloud Engineer will work within the Digital Identity and Access Services team. The Cloud Engineer will play a key role in designing, incident management, change implementation, deploying and maintaining solutions, automate security assessments, audits, policy and standard enforcements, and more. This role will focus on IAM Security in the Cloud and play an active role in Amgen's Cloud Security and Architecture Program.
Digital Identity and Access Services at Amgen is a core group responsible for handling all the enterprise directories, identity provisioning and access management/ governance solutions, single sign-on tools, privileged identity management, PKI and other authentication platforms. This team is at the fore-front of enterprise architecture and security at Amgen and is passionate about providing solutions with great end user experience.
- Management and implementation of technologies and processes relating to assigned Global Information Protection capability including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement of the capability
- Design and engineer federated IAM, Multi-factor/Strong Authentication, Access monitoring strategies for cloud platforms
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, robust Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity and Access Management based solutions
- Make recommendations and participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of technologies and services in assigned information security domains
- Work with and provide mentorship to Security Operations and other Global Information Protection team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Provide recommendation to project teams, application owners, and other Information Security teams on information security controls pertaining to Identity and Access Management
- Create and manage IAM construct that enables Amgen to control access to cloud service APIs and resources
- Master's degree and 8 year of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experience
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experience
- Associate's degree and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experience
- High school diploma / GED and 14 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experience
- Knowledge of Web Access Management and SSO technologies (Okta, Azure, Ping Federate, SAML, OAuth, and OpenID/Connect)
- Knowledge Microsoft Active Directory skills including AD LDS and Azure AD
- Knowledge of LDAP directories, PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Comprehensive experience with Amazon AWS as well as understanding of Identity and Access Management.
- Experience with mobile device authentication and management
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, VB Script, etc.
- Experience in one of the following: Java/Node.js/Python
- Effective working with global teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Collaborative, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This position is open to remote workers within United States.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.