Field Application Scientist
The Field Application Scientist (Field Support Scientist), a member of the Process Chromatography Media sales team, is responsible for providing technical expertise, training and support to Bio-Rad process purification customers in the field. This position is based in California, preferably in the north with easy access to Bio-Rad Corporate facilities in Hercules, CA. Travel Requirements are 50-75%. Will also include international travel.
- Scientific & technical support of Process Chromatography sales team and customers with the goal to integrate Bio-Rad media into industrial process for purification of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API’s).
- Initiate, design, and execute studies for customer projects to develop and/or optimize purification steps using Bio-Rad media in the application lab or at customer’s labs.
- Planning, design and performing chromatographic purifications of proteins from feed streams provided by customers or on model samples (cell culture and others).
- Optimization of purification steps using Bio-Rad media with the target to provide procedures superior to competition in order to achieve the customer’s decision to integrate our product into their production process.
- Solving issues related to Bio-Rad’s products at customers to support PCD sales specialists.
- Close cooperation with PCD sales specialists and marketing.
- Close collaboration with R&D and global Process Chromatography Application Support teams for knowledge and project management.
- Comparative studies of Bio-Rad media with competition.
- Evaluation and characterization of prototypes of new media and instruments with feedback to R&D and marketing.
- Training of customers and employees.
- Write, design and present reports and presentation of results and present it to internal and external partners.
- Create & perform presentations at scientific and technical meetings assuring the confidentiality of customer’s data.
- Organize and support seminars, workshops, trainings and scientific meetings for customers or Bio-Rad employees in cooperation with sales and marketing.
- Write and publish technical articles related to Bio-Rad products in lab journals and scientific literature.
- Active participation at scientific committees and organizations.
- Cooperate closely with opinion leaders and key customers.
- Monitor scientific literature and patents for relevant information.
- Stay informed of new methods, trends, developments etc. related to the work area and report to marketing and sales management.
- Provide proposals for new products and improvements of existing products.
- The FAS reports to the North America Region Manager of PCD sales.
- Education: Bachelors, Life Science, Masters or PhD. preferred.
- Broad experience in the development of separation methods for the purification of pharmaceutical active proteins, ideally with the scope of up-scaling to an industrial process.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and dedication to knowledge transfer.
- Experience in cGLP, cGMP, and other relevant guidelines and norms for biopharmaceutical production development.
- Experience in DoE, method validation, and techniques for process development.
- Ideally experienced in creating SOP and working instructions governed by the relevant norms and guidelines.
- Ideally experienced in a support function oriented to sales and customer facing activities.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes