Summer 2021- Logistics and Cold Chain Intern
Intern Supervisor: Manager, Logistics and Cold Chain
Department: Technical Operations (Supply Chain)
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. We are dedicated to providing an innovative space where students can engage in meaningful work and collaborate with professionals in the biotech industry through our internship program. Sangamo’s internship program gives students the opportunity to flourish, grow and develop their expertise. We are a company that inspires and empowers everyone who works here to grow and be better than they believe they can be in our mission to collectively transform patients’ lives.
We are seeking passionate, curious, and innovative interns to contribute to our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
What Will You Get Out of This Summer Internship?
- Opportunity to obtain valuable real-world experience in a biotech setting, while gaining specific field-related exposure, and making important professional connections.
- Discover if a particular career path or field of study in the biotech industry is right for you.
- Engage in our fun and collaborative company culture while participating in team wide social events.
- Receive compensation through this paid internship.
- Consideration for future full-time positions or contract roles.
Scope of Timeline
- December: Applications open
- Mid- February: Application close (may still consider application if we have openings left)
- February through March: Offers made
- June through August: Internship period
- Must be 18 years of age prior to scheduled start date
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to commit to the full 10-12 weeks’ time frame between June and August.
- Interns will be expected to work 40 hours a week.
- We accept applications from students at all degree levels: BS, MS, and PhD.
- Candidates are eligible to apply to the internship within one year of their last degree attained.
- We do not have a GPA requirement.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of accredited university or community college course work to be considered for an internship.
- We currently do not offer visa sponsorship to interns.
INTERNSHIP PROJECT SUMMARY:
The primary mission of the Sangamo Supply Chain Logistics is ensuring continued conformance with GMP, IATA, and DOT regulations. A logistics intern will have daily cross-functional interactions with Logistics Specialized Courier Services, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, and a wide range of internal business partners to help coordinate shipments and product availability to ensure timely and continuous product supply. This Summer 2021 intern position will work alongside and learn from Sangamo’s Global Logistics Manager.
- Facilitate or assist in the coordination of shipments and deliveries to ensure timely and continuous product supply.
- Assist in the scanning of all shipment records in Sangamo’s electronic recordkeeping system and file copies in the binder.
- Assist in completing all essential documentation related to shipments for trade compliance and record retention.
- Support audit of all import/export files for compliance risk as deemed necessary by management.
- Assist in developing and collecting logistics metrics to support regular reporting.
- Support inventory reconciliation.
- Develop process improvement for inventory reconciliation with the guidance of Sangamo Management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree program
- Must have completed 2 years or more of accredited college-level coursework
- Fluency in English is essential; conversational French is a plus
Any questions, please feel free to contact us here.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.