2nd Shift Production Operator - Valent BioSciences LLC
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this position is to operate production equipment in a fermentation process which will include media preparation, fermenters, sterilizers, centrifuges, thin film evaporators, separators, and filtration equipment. In doing so, the Production Operator will comply with all VBC’s policies and procedures and perform all tasks assigned in a safe manner. The Production Operator will be accountable for meeting quality and production expectations.
- Support and comply with all VBC safety and environmental training policies and programs.
- Effectively operate all current and future equipment / job functions in the area assigned.
- Adjust equipment with assistance from Production Specialist/ Production Engineer to achieve highest process capabilities.
- Use computerized operator interface to monitor and make adjustments to critical equipment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Work at varying elevations.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance (Preventative maintenance, monitoring for leaks, etc.).
- Keep a neat and clean work environment.
- Complete required documentation.
- Clean, sterilize and operate fermenters and filtration equipment.
- Perform in-process testing.
- Manually operate valves etc.
- Required to walk, climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs., open and close valves, stand and sit.
- May be assigned to Emergency Response Team.
- Follow VBC ISO9001 quality standards
- May work shift work.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Perform processes wearing a full face respirator.
PREFERRED QUALITIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- Prefer an Associate Degree in a Natural Sciences field or related experience.
- Must be able to use computerized interfaces.
- Must be able to obtain industrial truck license (require valid driver’s license).