Senior Technology Engineer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position is aligned with network and network security engineering. Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, and implement technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to the advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines.
• Conceive, design, engineer, and implement technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
• Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test, and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
• Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices. Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
• Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
• May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
• Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards, and best practices.
• Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 5 years of experience, or a PhD.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of network technologies, switching, routing, network-based firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and security as a service solutions.
• Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
• Experience with large, complex, global networks that support manufacturing and R&D applications.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.