Associate Director- IT Shared Services
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company's proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations
Overall responsibility for the definition, delivery, implementation and operational success of IT Infrastructure and Shared Services portfolio. The scope includes but is not limited to; Service Desk and Desk Side operations, Network, Telephony, Identity Management, Work Stations, IT Security, SSO, MDM, etc. Incumbent will provide consultative support for a wide variety of projects with an IT component, including proprietary database(s) and analytics. Manage relationship with key vendors and overall budget responsibility for IT Shared Service portfolio.
- Lead the IT Shared Services and Infrastructure strategy, planning and operations.
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap focused on improving and adding new services to enhance business and operational productivity. Clearly communicate business value, project statistics and issues to business sponsors. Ensure alignment of the service delivery strategy with the business strategy
- Be the primary Vendor Relationship Manager for key IT service providers, ensuring Service Levels are met. Work with business partners and vendors to establish a process for continuous improvement in service delivery, cost efficiency, contractual compliance.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by leading the collaborative development of service level agreements, delivery in line with the SLA's through ongoing monitoring.
- Review business practices on a regular basis assessing fit with current and potential IT Service providers, analyze business requirements by partnering with stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert on IT Infrastructure Services and Technology on a wide variety of projects, issues and strategies.
- Provide hands on support for employees on a wide variety of day to day needs
- Make recommendations for maturing and improving the IT Infrastructure and Shared Services portfolio.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes. Maintain and create supporting documentation as needed.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software, maintaining GxP compliance where appropriate.
- Client-focused individual with experience building up an IT Share Service function in a small fast-paced growing business environment.
- A collaborative management style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Excellent working knowledge in Vendor Management of IT Shared Services for the following areas: systems administration, service desk operations, network services, data storage systems, M365, etc.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 6+ years of experience working in IT operations with demonstrated experience leading a hands on IT function in a small but, rapidly growing company
This job operates in a professional office and lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.