Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This position assists in the oversight for all Purchase Order processing for the R&D division. Ensures accurate, timely, compliant opening of Purchase Orders within SAP and ensures correct general ledger coding of all purchase orders to assist in the accurate recording of expenses in accounting.
Ensures timely opening of purchase orders for the R&D division, including all large CRO and project contracts.
- Understands complexity in contracts and ensures purchase orders reflect contract terms.
- Verifying proper documentation and general ledger coding. Must be detailed orientated.
- Resolves open PO matters with business partners, vendors and accounts payable to ensure purchase orders are in compliance with internal policies.
- Ensures the payment JSOX controls are enforced and effective.
Reconciles payments made vs. open purchase order amount to ensure payments are accurately applied, utilizing knowledge of complex and specialized contracts and agreements. Strong analytical skills needed to provide accurate reconciliations to our business partners that impact the contractual agreements with our CRO's.Works directly with business partners and vendors to obtain appropriate information to resolve discrepancies identified in the reconciliation
Manages relationships with business partners including:
- Educates business partners on proper purchase order procedures and provide training materials to assist on boarding
new employees with Purchasing procedures.
- Proactively provides business partners with spend vs. open purchase order status.
- Performs financial analysis of open commitments and communicates with business partners to resolve pending issues.
- Provide assistance to our a/p department with editing and updating existing purchase orders.
Identifies processing efficiencies and helps build solutions within SAP and other financial processes (i.e. contracting efficiencies, streamlining processes, etc.).
Initiates and manages projects or process improvements with minimal supervision.
Invoices rejected due to insufficient funds on purchase orders. Track, follow up and provide assistance to vendor's and business owner's to aide them in resolution.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma with relevant business experience required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4 or More Years experience in accounting or finance related role, Purchasing and SAP experience preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.