Sr. Associate - Pre-Pivotal
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate - Drug Product Technologies
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will provide support for Amgen's biologics drug product and process design and FIH development. The Sr. Associate will work closely with a team of scientists and engineers responsible for the technical aspects of Amgen's drug product and process development. In addition to performing process characterization and formulation studies, this role will also focus on development of streamlined processes for molecule assessment, formulation screening, and data analytics.
- Participate in the planning, design, execution, and documentation of studies related to drug product design, formulation development, and process development in support of FIH development of biologics.
- Author and review technical protocols, reports, product impact assessments, and regulatory sections in support of IND application submissions.
- Actively utilize sophisticated IS systems to improve drug product design through faster data availability, using historical information, analyzing large data sets, and statistical analysis.
- Problem solving related to protein stability and viscosity using biophysical characterization techniques.
- Engagement in technology development activities related to drug delivery advancement.
- Participate in global cross-functional teams working optimally in a highly matrixed team environment to progress product development.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to ensure management awareness and engagement of the current status, progress, and future program and functional needs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The biotech/pharma manufacturing professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
- Master's degree in Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology, Engineering, Material Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in pharmaceuticals/biotechnology that includes elements of new product development, process characterization, formulation development, and analytical characterization of proteins.
- Understanding of physical/chemical stability of proteins and how process related stress impacts molecule attributes and product quality
- Proficiency with electronic notebook systems is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong problem solving and effective cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to learn and act on dynamic information at a rapid pace.
Master's degree in related scientific discipline
Bachelor's degree in related scientific discipline and 2 years of scientific experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.