Scientist - Tumor Immunology
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist who will join the Tumor Immunology team’s research group and contribute to the advancement of PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives. The ideal candidate will be experienced in immunology and T cell biology.
- Design and execute on completion of critical path studies to identify TCR requirements for optimal functional avidity and the T cell profile for the most favorable homing and longevity
- Identify and implement cell-based and biochemical assays to understand the molecular interactions between TCR and peptide-MHC complex
- Collaborate with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers, and bio-informaticians for project updates and assessment of studies
- Ph.D. degree with 2+ years of postdoc or industry experience, with career focus in immunology
- Deep understanding of T-cell receptor biology and biochemistry
- Highly proficient in state-of-the-art techniques for characterizing T cell receptor binding affinities and kinetics
- Experience with assays to evaluate the peptide-MHC-TCR affinity, avidity, and dissociation kinetics
- Highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives
- Ability to operate in a collaborative environment and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.