Director, Medical Affairs Strategy & Execution - Infectious Disease/COVID
The Director, Global Medical Affairs Execution supports the strategic objectives of the Global Medical Affairs function and the Global Medical Affairs Leaders (GMAL) and Director of Global Medical Affairs Strategy and Execution. The AD, GMA Execution will partner with the GMALs in one or more designated Therapeutic Areas/Products to lead the operational aspects of the Global Medical Affairs Function
- Partner with the GMALs / Director of Global Medical Affairs Strategy and Execution in preparing robust Integrated Evidence Generation Plans for compounds in development that reflect prioritized regional and local needs.
- Partner with the GMAL / Director of Global Medical Affairs Strategy and Execution to lead the publications process.
- Ensure the development of publications follows the Cross-Pharma Publication SOP.
- Supervise publication vendors.
- Coordinate publication discussions in collaboration with agency partners and J&J colleagues.
- Maintain the relationship with editorial staff at key journals and key scientific and academic societies
- Partner with the GMAL / Director of Global Medical Affairs Strategy and Execution to ensure successful GMA Operating model via the Global Medical Affairs Team.
- Be responsible for the TA/Product GMA Budget and vendors.
- Lead all aspects of the Research Concept Approval Process for Medical Affairs studies.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the process and conducts due diligence activities.
- A minimum of a BA/BS required, Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of working within Medical Affairs at a large pharmaceutical is required
- Project leadership skills are preferred.
- Strong organizational skills are preferred.
- Ability to drive projects forward to completion while maintaining focus on the long term strategy is preferred.
- Experience handling publication vendors and/or other medical affairs vendors (e.g., advisory board) is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of study methodology, data analysis techniques, and critical review of publications is strongly preferred.
- Budget and vendor management experience is preferred.
- Global mentality with consistent record of partnering cross culturally and regionally is preferred.
- Proven experience in getting results in a highly sophisticated and constantly evolving environment is required.
- Critical thinking, interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, both written and oral and collaboration and teaming skills are required.