Patient Data Management, Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Patient Data Management, Senior Manager
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be a member of the Global Commercial Data and Analytics team and report to the Global Commercial Patient Data Management and Analytics Lead. This role will be responsible for developing and executing the ex-US Patient Level Data strategy for the Global Commercial organization, as well as ongoing oversight of PSP data operations.
- Develop, execute, and maintain the ex-US Patient Support Program (PSP) data strategy
- Define and execute Ex-US Patient Data Governance program across Amgen brands for PSP data including but not limited to Hub Services, Nurse Support, and Copay
- Collaborate with the Ex-US PSP Analytics leads to define data requirements for new and existing Ex-US PSP data sources
- Manage daily operations and processing of patient level data assets, ensuring adherence to all Amgen Privacy and Compliance SOPs and local country regulations
- Manage access and usage of patient level data for analytics and reporting, ensuring adherence to all Amgen privacy and Compliance SOPs for patient level data assets
- Manage and oversee outsourced Ex-US data aggregation vendor partners, ensuring adherence to local country compliance guidelines, processes and documentation related to processing of Patient Level Data
- Partner with the US Patient Data Management Integration Leads to ensure standardized and scalable solutions are implemented where possible
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships across the organization, including Commercial Insights, Global Patient Services Team, Privacy, Legal, Compliance, IS, and other Global Amgen teams and external vendor partners
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is someone with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics, sales and marketing operations and/or value & access experience
Master's degree and 4 years of analytics, sales and marketing operations and/or value & access experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics, sales and marketing operations and/or value & access experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of analytics, sales and marketing operations and/or value & access experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of analytics, sales and marketing operations and/or value & access experience
- Direct experience with patient support programs and affiliated data
- Excellent communication (oral/written) skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and success in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong project management skills, lead and manage projects from concept to completion in a matrixed and, at times, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated self-starter, ability to work under limited supervision
- Experience with SQL and Tableau preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Strong vendor management skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.