Associate Director, PV Partnership Alliance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position reports into the Office of the Product Safety Team (PST) within the Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) organization’s Global PV Strategy Management Office. The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.
The Pharmacovigilance (PV) Partnership Alliance Management Team is a high-profile high-impact team that owns Pharmacovigilance Agreements (PV Agreements) and leads the PV Agreement strategy across the partnership lifecycle. The PV Partnership Alliance team plays a critical role partnering with internal stakeholders and external partners across the partnership lifecycle to ensure appropriate and timely exchange of safety information to maintain regulatory compliance. As the Associate Director, PV Partnership Alliance, you are in a highly visible role that provides various opportunities to drive the strategy and development of PV Agreements and related business processes and technologies.
- Responsible for coaching, developing, guiding and encouraging growth and development within the department.
- Builds, maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key internal (within and outside PPS) and external stakeholders to advance the department priorities in driving partnership and compliance excellence.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures associated with contracts. Liaise and build relationships with Legal and cross-functional teams to ensure that contract terms are executed appropriately
- Proactively identifies and escalates potential compliance related issues that may impact the ability to meet regulatory requirements and business goals
- Organize and conduct periodic review of adequacy of existing PV Agreements and initiates revision where appropriate
- Proactively identifies risks or points of disagreement in a partnership and addresses in a time-sensitive manner, engaging senior leadership as needed
- Foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organization
- Independently negotiates, executes, and maintains global PV Agreements
- Monitors various internal reports for adherence to PV Agreements of PV functions and external partners, communicates issues, suggest and request corrective actions
- Maintain electronic database to track global and local PV Agreements
- Provides Affiliate support in review and execution of local PV Agreements
- Acts as liaison within departments in PPS to ensure understanding, execution, and implementation of PV Agreements
- Builds enterprise knowledge around PV alliance processes and systems utilized to create and execute PV Agreements; plans and conducts best practice and knowledge sharing forums with internal stakeholders and external advisory groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree with related health science background, BSN, BS, BS Pharm, PHarmD.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years pharma experience; 1-3 years should be pharmacovigilance experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization must have strong ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Have excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills, major strength in influencing
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.