Sourcing Specialist - Corporate Services & Commercial
The Sourcing Specialist will support the planning and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing the sourcing process for the Corporate Services and select Commercial categories. You will develop sourcing specifications, requirements and related scope of work that is consistent with Regeneron's business requirements. This position will conduct data gathering, support spend analytics, assist in delivering measurable cost savings, and monitor savings against contract. Support evaluations through the development of RFQs, RFIs and RFPs and may participate in negotiations. The Sourcing Specialist actively participates in supplier selection and provides data and recommendations to ensure informed selection decisions. S/he supports the supplier on-boarding process while supporting the sourcing/category manager on the creation and negotiation of contracts. The Specialist will support all vendor management activities which includes, but is not limited to preparing QBR data and measuring supplier performance.
A typical day may include:
A typical day may include:
- Works on sourcing-related problems and considers relative value of several alternative solutions to potential issues before confirming a final decision as to the path forward.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Manages segments in functional areas, such as data gathering, detailed analysis, and report generation.
- Operates as a focal point to coordinate and prepare QBRs. Uses discretion in applying practices and procedures to resolve issues, demonstrates a broad and thorough understanding and application of technical and/or specialized concepts in sourcing. Uses expertise within a sourcing discipline to complete tasks effectively, efficiently and gives to department initiatives improving process, policy, technology.
- Provides detailed analysis and information which may have financial impact on sourcing decisions.
- Capable to explain complicated information and effectively lay out pros/cons of alternatives to consider. Capable to support sourcing projects within a cross-functional collaborative team environment. Cable to handle projects with supervision while demonstrating integrity, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Networks effectively with internal and external personnel across the company and in own area of expertise.
- Conducts the processes to ensure timely distribution of information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Can solicits and analyzes RFP's, participates in contract negotiations and ensures contracts are realized (SLA's, Savings, etc.) ensuring compliance with pricing agreements and internal policies and procedures.
In order to be considered, you possess a Bachelor's degree plus 5+ or more years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to include up to 3 yrs or more experience directly in sourcing role or a Masters plus 3+ years or more of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to include up to 1 yr experience directly in a sourcing role. Work experience within a biopharmaceutical company preferred. Working knowledge of sourcing and procurement, planning, supplier interface and negotiations, systems applications such as Zycus/Ariba, GEP (Contracts Management), Spend Analytics, MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity. Program management experience and project management experience preferred