Scientist / Sr. Scientist - Protein Biochemistry, Antibody Engineering
SCIENTIST/SR. SCIENTIST - PROTEIN BIOCHEMISTRY, ANTIBODY ENGINEERING
Are you a PhD Scientist possessing Protein and Antibody Engineering expertise? Would you like to be an integral member of a highly collaborative team by applying your expertise and creativity for rational protein engineering e.g., designing synthetic receptors and utilizing data generated from display technologies to develop novel biotherapeutic modalities for immune therapy. If your interest is perked, come join the Molecular Engineering group at Adicet Bio and be at the forefront of shaping and taking the next generation of off-the-shelf allogenic immunotherapies to the clinic.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in the design of protein/antibody constructs (strong expertise in protein engineering display technologies, preferably phage display), advanced molecular biology techniques, protein biochemical characterization, and cell biology analyses. As a scientific leader in the group, you will mentor, coach, and train scientists at the bench.
Apply expertise in protein and antibody structure/function, molecular biology, alternative formats (i.e. conjugates, bispecifics, etc.)¸ and display technologies (e.g. phage display) to biotherapeutic immune oncology discovery and optimization across multiple projects. Lead execution of protein engineering and antibody discovery/optimization efforts such as humanization, affinity maturation, specificity modulation, and platform improvements. Perform biophysical characterization such as binding kinetics, protein stability, and specificity; cell-based binding and functional analyses using multicolor flow cytometry.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Laboratory experience in protein purification (e.g., affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, ion exchange chromatography) with expertise on ÄKTA and Agilent Chromatography Platforms.
- Familiarity with protein modeling tools such as Rosetta and standard bioinformatic tools (IMGT, Expasy, BLAST).
- High proficiency with protein engineering methodologies, including mutagenesis, library design, and protein display technology (ideally phage display).
- Purification of recombinant and hybridoma derived proteins from mammalian (CHO cells and HEK cells), and bacterial cultures.
- Characterization of in-process and final products via HPLC, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blot.
- Biophysical characterization: protein-protein interactions (cellular binding, SPR, Octet), biochemical analyses (SEC, IEX, DLS, thermal stability).
- Must have strong expertise in wide range of molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, construct design, Gibson assembly and sequence analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a timely and accurate laboratory record of all activities.
- Present results regularly at team meetings and drive data-driven decisions.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (desirable):
- Refolding of protein from bacterial hosts.
- Conjugation of purified products to small molecules, dyes, beads, or other proteins.
- Strong track record of scientific accomplishments as demonstrated through publications in highly regarded journals and/or intellectual property generation.
- PhD in molecular bioengineering, biochemistry, structural biology, or a related discipline, 4+ years industry experience required for senior scientist.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.