Controls Engineer III
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
• Applies standard engineering techniques to design, analyze, test, maintain, repair or improve products, components or assemblies.
• Analyzes, develops and evaluates systems. Improves and maintains current systems or creates brand new projects.
• Designs and drafts blueprints with designer, visits systems in the field and manages projects.
• Must be SME in field at higher levels of job.
• Applies engineering techniques and analyses within the scope of the assignment.
- Automation experience in the following platforms Rockwell Plant PAx, Siemens, B&R, etc
- Knowledge of ERP Platforms such as SAP, Oracle, etc
- Knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as ANSI/ISA-95 and ANSI/ISA-88
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) implementation experience
- Architecting, implementing, and integrating solutions focused around tracking, analyzing, and improving the manufacturing process
- Designing and implementing data management strategies for the integration of Automation solutions with our MES Platform and plant automation equipment
- Conceptualizing solutions during the design phase of the project life cycle
- Automation Controls system configuration, programming, debugging, and testing
- Creating documentation, including project engineering notes, project proposals, project design traceability documentation, case studies, and more
- Commissioning innovative solutions, finding, sharing and capitalizing on opportunities for improvement
- Creating methodologies and performing complex problem-solving
- Learning new technologies
- Mentoring colleagues on your expertise and knowledge base
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge. Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.