Piper Companies is currently seeking a Lab Tech for a biotechnology company in the Manchester, NH area.
Responsibilities for the Lab Tech include:
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety and biosafety procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance within the department.
- Receive incoming samples
- Sample aliquoting in biosafety cabinet (BSC)
- Shipment of samples for testing and long-term storage
- Preparation of standard solutions to support lab testing, as needed
- Maintain laboratory documents, records and databases as per SOPs.
- Maintain inventories for lab standards, reagents and testing supplies
- Monitor order and receive laboratory supplies.
- Perform laboratory maintenance including general lab cleaning, equipment cleaning/maintenance and decontamination/disposal of chemical and biohazardous waste.
- Perform daily calibrations and readings for lab equipment.
- Assist with receipt/installation of new equipment and disposition of inactive/retired equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned including general facility support.
Qualifications for the Lab Tech includes:
- degree or the equivalent in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biology, or a related field.
Compensation for the Lab Tech includes:
- Salary: $18-21
- Comprehensive Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision