Director, Corporate Healthcare Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director, Corporate Healthcare Development, Plastic Surgery and Regenerative Medicine
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
- A Critical Thinker - Work with the Corporate Healthcare team to understand the current priorities and works with Plastic Surgery and Regenerative Medicine (PRM) Marketing and other internal stakeholders to develop the tools necessary to support Corporate Healthcare (CH) operations.
- A Collaborator – Partner with Corporate Healthcare team, marketing, and sales training teams to identify national and key regional meeting goals and objectives, create themes, develop agendas and timelines, including speaker designation, time allocation, subject, and format.
- Works closely with marketing teams and sales management to ensure clear, concise, focused activity plans are produced, disseminated and understood by the Corporate Healthcare team.
- Coordinates and facilitates ongoing CH training and development programs including New Hire Onboarding, Training Modules, Training Programs and all Training Materials.
- Effectively manages CH Onboarding, Training, communications, marketing and sales projects. Manages MLRC (VEEVA) approval of course materials, presentations and new hire training materials.
- Coordinates and facilitates CH remote learning courses (Teams/Zoom) as needed throughout the year.
- Works with the Associate Vice President of Sales Training & Associate Vice President, Corporate Healthcare, marketing management and sales leadership to recommend and direct strategic and tactical sales training.
- Develop Financial Objectives - Assist the CH team in achieving PRM financial objectives.
- Trainer and Communication Activities:
- Work with sales training, CH leadership, sales leadership (Vice President and Directors), and marketing product managers to recommend and direct strategic and tactical initiatives, marketing and product training and communications for the CH organization
- Create various communications tools that enable the CH team to effectively implement the marketing and sales strategies
- Ensure all CH training and activity plans are aligned with legal, medical and regulatory requirements and Veeva approved
- Proactively develop and monitor communication vehicles that ensure “best practices” are captured and disseminated to CH team
- Work with marketing, legal/regulatory, sales leadership, CH leadership, and other departments, as needed, to create specific training materials
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the CH team and coordinates training resources, personnel and contract services to ensure the long-term development of the CH team
- Develop, implement and continually refine new hire onboarding processes for CH including updating training content, module creation, new hire checklist, new hire training calendar and ensure the most recent versions are available on the Portal
- Design new hire curriculum for internal and external hires unique to the CH team based on their unique needs. Coordinate with Director PRM Sales Training on product training courses and classes
- Manage annual Leadership Development nominations and tracking of CH division
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps across CH team
- Manage logistics for CH training activities including venues and equipment
- Create and deliver CH workshops
- Responsible for the management of leadership development programs for the CH team
- Leader of Key Meeting Design & Execution. Primary interface with Allergan meeting planning team to ensure team understands meeting flow, objectives, and requirement for CH training classes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience in med-device sales experience with PPI preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years CH experience in the med-device industry with IDN and GPO contracting experience
- Minimum of two (2) years med-device management experience preferred
- Strong background in value-based selling
- Experience with negotiations training and strategic account planning strongly preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load and manage a diverse mix of projects and responsibilities, execute plans, and communicate project updates to a variety of internal clients.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, and problem resolution skills
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
A Talent Magnet: The best leaders are brand ambassadors and have an eye out for great talent to join our family. All Allergan colleagues are an extension of our recruiting team, building bridges for the best people to grow our company.
WE WILL GIVE YOU THE ALLERGAN EDGE:
At Allergan, we define the “Allergan edge,” as something that sets us apart, gives us an advantage and strengthens us to be better – for our customers, patients, investors and each other. Our 'edge' is our colleagues, and we are committed to making Allergan the best place for them to work and achieve career goals.
How do we do this? We Engage, Develop, and Reward our colleagues.
- Engage. From Day 1. You are a bold leader who wants to make an impact. We listen to your ideas and your questions, so we can be even better at what we do.
- Develop. Learn every day, build new skills every day. We prioritize development, so our leaders are always ready for the next challenge and opportunity.
- Reward. Exceptional performance creates exceptional opportunities and rewards. Financial awards and incentives are just a part of this - we invest in our people; celebrate successes through recognition programs; promote healthy lifestyles and work-life balance. We offer amazing benefits most of which start on your 1st day at work (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k – company match up to 8%, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.