Contracts & Pricing Manager
The Manager, US Contract Operations is a key member of US Value and Access (US V&A) specifically within the Provider Rebates team. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring complete and accurate processing of provider contractual rebates in the Global Contracts and Pricing System (GCPS) to support the timely calculation, execution, and reporting of contracted discounts extended to customers. This position operates within a fast-paced environment and closely collaborates with several cross-functional groups including IS, Provider Contracting, Coverage and Pricing, Government Pricing, Finance and Legal. This position is responsible for ensuring that the discount process, documentation, and execution of contractual provider rebates are performed in accordance with US Contracts Operation and Government Pricing SOPs, Sarbanes Oxley, and other policy and procedures that impact the Contract Operations area. Additional responsibilities include, developing spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analyses, delivering formal presentations, leading and participating in special projects, participating in rebate contract development and review, collaborating with IS to assist in system requirements development, and identify/recommend process improvements and lead implementation efforts. This position will also execute as a business lead for the Provider Team and participate in system implementation efforts currently ongoing on a new rebate management system, which includes but not limited to, working with 3rd party vendor in business testing of functional requirements, documentation of formal testing, communicating issues and/or defects, and supplying insights in ongoing project meetings. This position will also include supervisory responsibilities.
Master's degree and 2 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
- 4+ years of experience in sales & marketing, finance/accounting, commercial contracts or sales operations experience
- Commercial experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment with emphasis in Sales and Marketing
- Ability to manage staff and provide clear and concise expectations, and have open development and feedback discussions
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into substantial information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and leads a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance and navigating through ambiguous situations
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with SPC attendees with some managerial support
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Ability to take the initiative, problem solve, work independently, and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Strong investigative, and organizational skills to prioritize multiple contending interests.
- Data monitoring, analysis and validation skills
- Optimally represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups
- Ability to Interpret and apply regulations associated with relevant legal issues
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.