Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is currently searching for a Project Manager/Team Lead with experience in cloud migrations to support enterprise IT systems at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Contingent on Award.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in an evolving, complex environment, redefining and innovating distributed, layered software architecture.
- Daily coordination of complex technical projects developing cloud-based web applications and data services in Azure and on-premises environments.
- Participate in and provide technical and administrative expertise to software development projects.
- Leading software/system design and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
- Will be responsible for tracking milestones, and producing deliverables.
- Balances risks, schedules, and resources.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets.
- Advises senior management on technical issues.
- Communicates project issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor's degree, preferred: Master's degree) in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires at least 7 years of project management experience, with PMP, and at least 10 years of experience developing the software and/or managing the software development teams.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of software application and databased development, data modeling and data management.
- Experience managing software development projects using Agile methodology; Scrum certified.
- Experience managing cloud-based development projects and migrations.
- Experience coordinating work across multiple teams including DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Jira expertise.
- Experience in delivery of complex enterprise level software development projects.
Additional Desired Skills
- Azure, and other relevant technical certifications preferred.
- Java expertise a plus.
- Experience with grants or biological data a plus.
- NIH experience preferred.
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.