Scientific Project Manager
We are currently searching for a Scientific Project Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of functions in the interagency group.
- Provide project management activities for the program.
- Work closely with Project Officers (POs) programs within NIH.
- Meet with the POs and the Section Chief on a regular basis to provide oral and/or written reports on the status of on-going projects and to receive new assignments.
- Organize working groups and workshops.
- Assist in the preparation of slides as needed.
- Attend meetings with program staff, write meeting summaries and briefing documents.
- Read, review, summarize, and/or write documents.
- Provide project management and technical expertise for selected projects and task orders
- Track preliminary scientific data, scientific publications of high interest, of contract generated data that needs to be reported and mapped to the working groups of the interagency Group.
- Provide general organizational support including but not limited to writing meeting summaries, organizing calls and meetings, help with document filing on shared drives.
- Provide organizational support to the program including updating the clinical database, collecting essential documents and tracking the status of the documents, organizing meetings, and writing meeting summaries.
- Help coordinate schedules for the meetings between the extramural investigators and NIH
- Help coordinate the lectures and presentations from outside program speakers, scheduling the lectures, and reserving rooms as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize scientific information related to testing across the programs.
- Interact with staff to provide excel spreadsheets and power point presentations.
- Provide assistance on a variety of special, one-time projects that require immediate action including the coordination of workshops and reporting of their outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Two (2) years of experience in biology or a related field.
- Demonstrates experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrates experience with Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx and/or other meeting planning programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and record main talking points of meetings.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.