Senior Web Developer
MSC is seeking a Senior Web Developer to support enterprise IT systems at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Work is on-site in Rockville, MD, with option to telework.
The Senior Web Developer will work as part of a highly motivated Agile software development team that provides biomedical informatics and IT support to cancer research. This involves working with the user community and other stakeholders to help meet scientific objectives in clinical and translational research, data science, discovery biology, and data sharing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide development and programming support, including design, development, testing and deployment of new technologies and features.
- Deploy, maintain and update project web sites and web-based applications, ensuring that both content and links are current
- Evaluate and update technologies as required
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues and bugs
- Be an Agile team player, adapting to circumstances as required and contributing to lessons learned
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or related technical major.
- Diverse technical expertise and 10+ years of experience in the design, development, testing and maintenance of web-based applications and websites
- Excellent Web Development skills using Python, Django, Ruby, PHP, or similar technology.
- Adept at using modern APIs and frameworks (jQuery, jQuery UI, Angular, React, et al.)
- Knowledge of current visual design and UX trends and technologies
- Skills in data science and web visualization, including technologies such as D3.js
- Ability to work with common structured documents (at least one of XML, JSON)
- Expertise in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, DevSecOps
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, unit tests, integration and regression testing
- Experience with databases and SQL, including XML typed data storage and manipulation
- Familiarity with cloud operations and associated security requirements
- Experience with NIH
- Familiarity with biomedical research data and concepts
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.