Area BHR Lead, Allergan Aesthetics (LATAM)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Area BHR Lead, Allergan Aesthetics LATAM
As the Area BHR Lead for the Allergan Aesthetics business in LATAM you’ll operate as a trusted partner to the Area Vice President and his leadership team, helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and finding and developing the talent necessary to rapidly grow the Aesthetics business within the Area. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. This role reports to the AVP HR Allergan Aesthetics International.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions aligned to business goals.
- Core member of the LATAM Area Leadership Team (Para Todos) responsible for delivering all aspects of the Aesthetics business for LATAM
- Delivery of all HR services (through BHR and close partnership with the COEs) across the Area supporting the Aesthetics business ensuring high-quality and seamless HR support (combination of direct and through influence)
- Leadership and coaching of the AA BHR team in the Area (indirect reports)
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles & responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization as a whole.
- Provides consultation on organization design / structure issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Responsible for managing business needs of multiple senior leadership teams.
- Acute consultation and expertise related to organization development, design and effectiveness to ensure optimal performance.
- People manager development for clarity and consistency of people manager expectations, accountability and enriched manager/employee experiences.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten plus years progressive relevant experience in HR or a related field.
- HR Experience across multiple organizations / sites preferred. Prior supervisory / leadership experience with multiple levels of professionals desired.
- International experience and open to future global mobility preferred.
- Highly collaborative and influential individual able to build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving and management skills. Proven strategic capability.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior management. Ability to engage employees at all levels.
- Must be a self-starter with commitment to transparency and problem solving in a complex and demanding environment.
- Commitment to be on time and on budget programs and initiatives. Proven experience in leading multiple programs and initiatives with ability to prioritize.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.