Franchise Marketing Director - U.S. Oncology Strategic Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
U.S. Strategic Marketing is a recently formed team within U.S. Commercial Oncology Marketing. Oncology Franchise Marketing is composed of six sub-teams: Consumer Marketing, Precision Medicine and Diagnostics, Advocacy and Professional Relationships, Strategy Thought Leader Strategy, Strategic Account Marketing and Franchise Marketing.
The Franchise Marketing team is responsible for leading strategy and maximizing effectiveness across all of U.S. Oncology as it relates to the following focus areas: Congresses, Sponsorships, Peer-to-Peer Programs, and GPO Execution. This group works collaboratively with other U.S. Commercial Oncology teams to establish and manage strategies derived from brand plans, create annual plans related to the above focus areas, and work alongside AbbVie internal functions to support flawless execution.
The Director, Franchise Marketing is responsible for leading the Franchise Marketing team and is accountable for the overall success of the organization. The Director is responsible for promoting the Franchise Marketing team internally as a center of excellence for Oncology marketing, aligning with other Strategic Marketing sub-teams on strategy, and working with other AbbVie stakeholders and collaboration partners to ensure excellence in marketing throughout AbbVie Oncology.
The Director will build a maximally effective team and support team growth and development. As a champion for innovation, the Director will guide the strategic direction of innovation in capabilities and approach to franchise marketing content and process, tools, and technology across AbbVie Oncology and other franchises.
- Own the strategy and execution of Oncology Franchise Marketing initiatives
- Communicate with internal stakeholders across AbbVie to provide visibility of Franchise Marketing strategy and initiatives in order to maximize utility and effectiveness of Franchise Marketing team
- Align and collaborate with all AbbVie Oncology Business Units on areas where appropriate to create synergies for processes; for example - Speaker Programs, Congresses, Sponsorships, in field team effectiveness, and GPO Programs
- Lead Oncology Compliance Team working session to drive effectiveness of cross-oncology marketing initiatives that require support of OEC, Legal and Operations
- Promote synergy and coordination across Franchise Marketing team
- Lead the annual budgeting process to ensure appropriate funding in order to deliver on brand objectives and oversee the use Franchise Marketing budget
- Review monthly Oncology Franchise Marketing metrics, produce monthly highlights and co-develop and co-implement strategies and tactics with marketing leadership to elevate metrics
- Champion a culture of compliance and hold ultimate responsibility for team adherence to relevant policies and procedures
- Champion a culture of innovation, providing overall direction to drive process and capability innovation
- Lead the coaching and training of team members to support career development across the Franchise Marketing team
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Extensive successful team leadership experience in field sales and marketing
- Strong organizational, management, and team leadership skills
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong leadership with diverse experience set that helps to build relationships across a wide range of functions
- Strong strategic story telling skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills in order to develop “executive-ready” communications on a frequent basis
- Strong analytic and Excel skills
- Excellent written communication skills with proven past experiences in writing strategic documents
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of AbbVie policies, procedures, culture, and other brand team operations
- Knowledge and experience in Oncology markets
- Continuous Improvement and/or Change Management skills
Hematology and future Oncology cross-functional teams, including Brand, Internal and External Agency Partners, Market Access / GPO, Medical, MABI, Legal, OEC, GMCO, Consumer Marketing, Precision Medicine and Diagnostics, Advocacy and Professional Relationships, Strategy Thought Leader Strategy, Strategic Account Marketing, Commercial Excellence, and collaboration partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.