Head of Investor Relations
Head of Investor Relations
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Corporate Team!
Working closely with the CEO, VP Finance, Legal, and other members of the executive leadership team, this position will strategically plan, develop, manage, coordinate, and execute on a comprehensive and pro-active investor relations initiative focusing on establishing and maintaining awareness and understanding of Omeros and its many programs and value propositions within the investor community (both individual and institutional) regarding corporate goals and objectives, company developments, and financial results.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in fostering relationships with the investment community, helping shape, articulate and manage the investment story of Omeros and convey key messages about the company's innovative drug pipeline and technology, as well as the company's strategy and vision.
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros' proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Responds to inquiries and proactively makes calls effectively communicating the company's operational and financial performance, while establishing realistic expectations for future performance
- Assists in driving the strategy, operating plans, benchmarking, and execution of the IR program
- Maintains various IR spreadsheets/models for financial analysis of industry and peer performance, including compilation of analyst assumptions and models
- Assists in the quarterly earnings release process by preparing the earnings release and portions of the 10K/10Q, conference call scripts, Q&As, maintaining an investor deck, and peer earnings analysis
- Identify, initiate and cultivate new relationships with investors, analysts and other actors in the investment community that are of strategic importance to Omeros and serve to build understanding and support for the company
- Understanding the perception of Omeros among the investment community, can formulate plans and recommend initiatives to achieve strategic goals in IR
- Manages IR contacts, assists with investor targeting and facilitates key relationships with investors and sell-side analysts
- Coordinates company participation in investor events (e.g.. non-deal road shows, investment conferences)
- Participates in investor meetings
- Develops and manages the IR calendar
- Develops presentations (investor deck) for the investment community, preparing and editing as needed
- Monitor analyst reports, valuation, stock price performance, sell-side ratings, consensus estimates
- Manages the content on IR portion of the company's website
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for the investor relations function
- Responsible for ensuring all IR material is in compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and procedures
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, MBA preferred and PhD or MD in a life science
- 10+ years of experience in operational and strategic finance roles with a minimum of 5 years of Investor Relations experience; biotech and/or pharma experience required
- Proven track record of developing a positive, long-term relationship with the investment community
- Comfortable with valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial data and articulate that data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to write SEC documents including 10K and the ability to translate and simplify complex information and explain the science
- Strong understanding of finance, capital markets and securities regulations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks on very tight deadlines
- Strong financial and analytical skills in analyzing financial statements
- Understanding of disclosure laws, SEC and NASDAQ requirements and sound corporate governance practices
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that has multiple demands/shifting priorities and rapid change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to cultivate, influence and maintain positive relationships with internal customers and external investors and analysts
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to work cross functionally at all levels of the organization
- Solution oriented, flexible thinker, driver of success
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 25 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.