Manager, Scientific Affairs
At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
The Scientific Affairs Manager provides research leadership and project oversight. He or she has the responsibility of proactively solving issues and overseeing the successful implementation and monitoring of studies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present pre-sale seminars at customer sites to introduce Bionano tech and applications. Present regular post-sale seminars at user sites to increase instrument use and update on new developments and publications.
- Present at conferences, symposia, Bionano workshops, user group meetings, and other events.
- Work with Scientific Affairs (SA) team to create and present consistent, confident message about Bionano’s performance and value.
- Work with SA team to write or edit Bionano blog, white papers, produce slide decks etc.
- Assist sales team in science focused customer meetings. Be a scientific consultant, understand the customer’s research and find ways of integrating Bionano technology.
- Identify potential Bionano users, meet on-one-one, engage existing users with new customers.
- Assist in experimental design for service projects: review sample requirements, study design, experimental goals.
- When service project data is delivered, make sure that the customer is properly trained to work with Bionano data. Provide appropriate workflows and third-party tools for data analysis. Assist with data analysis when needed.
- Support the customer’s work all the way to abstract submission, presentation, and publication.
- Work with SA team to edit and write papers published by Bionano scientists and engineers
- Work with SA team to edit marketing message, provide language, data, message to marketing team
- Identify, manage speakers for workshops, events
- Work with existing and future customers to understand needs, research challenges and solutions
- Be voice of scientist/customer to Bionano development teams
- Work with sales team to identify collaboration projects. Screen projects for scientific and strategic importance
- Represent customer needs and strategically choose projects that need our attention
- Great public speaker, able to analyze and discuss scientific studies of broad range of topics
- Willingness to travel within North America with occasional travel abroad if needed. Open to participating in calls at unusual hours to accommodate global participation
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and propose actionable recommendations
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience Requirements:
- PhD level science education with 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of, experience in genomics or NGS, preferably in cancer and/or genetic disease
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.