Director, Health Communications
POSITION OPENING: DIRECTOR, HEALTH COMMUNICATIONS
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Health Technology
| Washington, D.C.; New York, NY; or Remote
Finsbury Glover Hering, a leading global strategic communications and public affairs consultancy, is seeking an experienced communications professional to join the firm’s Health Team. Successful candidates will work primarily on launches and ongoing corporate communications for biotechnology and health technology companies, based in either of our offices in Washington, DC or New York, NY. Remote employment is also a possibility.
The successful candidate will support clients in diverse areas of life science and health technology at various stages of corporate development and maturity, from launch to commercial stage. Clients will represent a mix of private and public companies, across multiple therapeutic areas.
• Serve as day-to-day, client-facing leader on accounts of varying scope and work cadence, with primary focus on new company launches and ongoing corporate communications for biotechnology and health technology start-ups
• Seamlessly fill diverse roles on accounts of varying sizes: from account leader to project manager to strategist to tactician to content writer
• Set and deliver against high expectations, placing equal emphasis on sound strategy and crisp execution. Coach and mentor junior staff to reach these standards
• Leverage existing media relationships and strong understanding of how to earn media coverage from both trade and mainstream press. Maintain existing reporter relationships and cultivate new ones
• Interface with senior leadership teams at life sciences companies and help to develop and execute against thought leadership and executive communications plans
• Develop and write persuasive messaging, collateral materials and owned content (web, social), simplifying complex scientific, technological, regulatory, or other complex issues into compelling content
• Work with other FGH divisions to deliver integrated services where appropriate (from government relations, paid media, and branding to public opinion research)
• Practice and model strong client-relations – responsive, professional, and helpful
• React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and the challenging media environment. Demonstrate an ability to dynamically prioritize between competing demands
• Display keen understanding of the biotechnology/life sciences/health sectors, media environment and reporting trends
• Contribute to and reinforce a friendly, fun, team-based culture
• Contribute to the firm’s new business efforts by participating in pitches and developing pitch materials
• 8-12 years of relevant communications experience; life science, biotechnology, and health sector experience preferred
• Strong drive to understand and advance cutting-edge technologies required
• Understands the appropriate use of earned, owned and paid media
• Passion for reputation management and finding creative ways to influence target audiences
• In-house or agency experience coordinating diverse services in client engagements, including, advertising, creative/graphic design, website development, branding, and public opinion research
• Experience working with reporters and established media contacts
• Strong strategic thinker who can “connect the dots” between clients’ interests and the larger sector, policy and media landscape
• A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication, teamwork and collegiality within a tight-knit team
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field
| Please reference “Director, Health Communications (Biotech)” in the subject line of your email when submitting resume and cover letter.
| FGH is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.