Senior Global Compliance Auditor
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Global Compliance Auditor has the primary function to conduct global sales, marketing, and healthcare compliance audits and formulate recommendations for improving operating performance and controls. The scope of compliance audits may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption
- Promotional / Non-promotional practices
- Third Party Relationships
- Grants & Donations/Research Funding
- Monitoring & Transparency Reporting
- Patient Support Programs
- Contracting / Pricing
- Privacy Laws
Auditors should have the proven ability to:
- Communicate and present audit findings professionally to executive senior management as well as his/her peer group.
- Apply intelligent considerations and sound risk-based reasoning when evaluating audit findings.
- Identify key risks and plan audits accordingly to address those risks.
- Find opportunities for improvements in sales & marketing compliance practices when measured against corporate policies, local country policies and procedures, industry standards, and laws/regulations.
- Compile and analyze large sets of data from multiple sources (such as SAP, payroll, and various compliance documentation databases) and choose samples for testing and document findings and recommendations in audit reports.
- Drive departmental innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging best practices and introducing new ways of improving efficiency and agility.
- Assist with investigations as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Graduate degree preferred such as an MBD or JD. CPA certification is desired.
- At least 4 years of related work experience. Desirable experience includes employment with a major public accounting, consulting, or law firm in a client-facing capacity and specializing in audit-related engagements regarding healthcare compliance, government reimbursement mechanisms, and/or pharmaceutical or hospital products sales & marketing programs.
- Broad knowledge and experience in FCPA and/or in the general healthcare industry.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.