Mgr, Accounts Receivable
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Inbound Accounts Receivable Manager will manage, lead, and mentor the inbound efforts of a mid-size team of inbound collection representatives in a fast-paced environment. The Inbound Manager will ensure that day-to-day activities of team are handled appropriately and according to company policy. This position reports to the Director, Accounts Receivable. This role requires excellent organizational skills, advanced excel skills, ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with customers through written and verbal communication. This role is accountable for monitoring, organizing the day-to-day operations, assigning work, and ensuring the completion of daily tasks within their assigned team, identifying areas of improvement, and handling customer escalation communications. The Inbound Accounts Receivable Manager is an important contributor in implementation of the departments policies and procedures.
This employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and Allergan internal requirements, which include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and
The Inbound Accounts Receivable Manager must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- Oversee daily activities and responsibilities for 10-12 Inbound Collection team members.
- Monitor and maintain best in class metrics for Service levels, Abandonment rate, and hold times.
- Collaborate with internal departments to assist in process improvement initiatives. Proactively suggest process improvement ideas.
- Effectively communicate with customers during escalations and knowledge of de-escalation tactics.
- Develop and report team metrics
- Hire, coach, motivate, and develop team members to maintain best in class metrics.
- Audit customer phone calls to identify areas of improvement.
- Understanding of SOX controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Supervise and coordinate day-to-day activities of team members
- Assist in daily operations of entire Accounts Receivable department.
- Daily review of workflow productivity toll and ensure collection escalation procedures is being followed
- Other Duties as assigned
- 5-7 Years of Accounts Receivable, preferably in a Healthcare of Pharmaceuticals
- Degree Required; 7 years of experience will be considered in place of degree
- Schedule Flexibility (some nights and weekends based on project deliverables)
- Advanced Excel; proficient in all other MS Office applications
- FIS GETPAID
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.