Manager II, Emerging Channel Insights
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a leader in the MABI team supporting Payors and other Market Access stakeholders, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales within U.S. Market Access. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Market Access Marketing/Sales and Brand Marketing to lead analytics and research that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of market access strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure alignment of insights across brand centric research and analytics.
The Market Access Insights function focuses on improving the effectiveness of market access stakeholder messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of data analysis, custom research, and syndicated studies and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume secondary data such as IQVIA/SHA/Pharmacy Data/MMIT. The leader is also well versed into the nuances of U.S. Healthcare Policies and their influences on the Market Access Environment. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's market access strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Market Access Insights Manager will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research with Market Access and Brand leadership, within MABI teams and across to the franchises while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Ability to lead with minimal oversight from Manager. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Lead and manage both analytics and primary research activities in support for
- Supply chain stakeholders (Specialty Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Wholesalers, Patient Services etc.) for commercialized brands. a) Conduct primary research on Supply Chain landscape and customer capabilities, distribution network design, and value prop development; b) QBR initiatives: provide KPIs, analytics & insights to understand impact on business across channels if network SPPs change, discount trends/justification, and mitigation tactics related to supply; c) Provide analytics & insights assessing retail and specialty pharmacy FFS programs in regards to referrals & fills, shipments & dispenses, etc.
- Early Pipeline Support: Conduct primary market research with Market Access stakeholders assessing payor landscape and formulary management on early pipeline assets
- Strategic Planning and Above Brand Issues Support: Provide analytical and research support to new team undertaking strategic planning and initiatives; above brand issues.
- Possess strong understanding of both analytical and primary research methodologies and strong ability to synthesize insights into compelling narratives. Is highly proficient at data analytics, supplier and stakeholder management, and leading custom research programs to deliver compelling learnings that guide strategic and tactical decisions. Maintain strong knowledge base on all insights and performance data generated across multiple therapeutic areas. Leverage past research and analyses appropriately to build on new projects and further insights.
- Demonstrating knowledge in understanding implications of ACA, current policy proposals and their impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental). Thoroughly understand the market access environment and nuances in a manner consistent with subject matter expertise of market access marketers.
- Builds solid relationships and become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding brand strategies and tactics based on superior, objective customer insights. Act as lead researcher and analyst with ability to influence in discussions with MABI colleagues, market access customers, and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software (SPSS Modeler, Dataiku, etc…) and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, SHA, Truven, Optum, SSR, Analy$ource, CMS, HIRC, HSG, etc..).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.