Manager, Market Access Insights
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a leader in the MABI team supporting Market Access Stakeholders, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales within U.S. Market Access. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Market Access Marketing/Sales and Brand Marketing to conduct research and analytics that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of payor and other market access stakeholder strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure stakeholder alignment across brand centric research and analytics.
The Market Access Insights function focuses on improving the effectiveness of value messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of custom research, secondary data analysis and syndicated studies. The Market Access leader is responsible for insights generated through strategic payor and supply chain research, product specific studies, and syndicated services and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume both secondary data such as IMS/SHA/MMIT. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's access strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Market Access Insights Manager will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within MABI teams and across to the franchises to improve payor knowledge (government, employers, and health plans) and reflection of insights to brand strategies while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- In collaboration with MABI partners, consulting with marketing leadership to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Building relationships internally - e.g., with MABI, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. - to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating working knowledge in understanding implications of Market Access policy reform and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Supporting execution of marketing strategy by ensuring that all research and activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, guiding team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market research objectives and priorities.
- Monitoring lessons learned based on historical marketing campaign performance, and identifying implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans.
- Understanding market research design and implications for the therapeutic area and customer segment, identifying sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizes them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
- Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Market Access Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
- Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software (SPSS Modeler, Dataiku, etc…) and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, SHA, SRI, MMIT, CMS, Analy$ource , Truven, Optum, HIRC, HSG, etc..).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.