Director, Human Resources - Latin America
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Business partner to provide / develop Human Resources programs within Abbvie according to business needs. Works proactively with Commercial management at area and affiliate levels to evaluate and develop strategies for implementing changes that have extensive business impact. Ensures the effective delivery of Human Resources services through multiple functions. Coordinates and implements Human Resources strategies to meet organizational needs working closely with the business and HR centers of Excellence
- Ensure the effective delivery of Human Resources programs and services.
- Maintain customer satisfaction, effective Human Resources and associated financial results.
- Align Human Resources activities with business objectives.
- Develop, update, implement and communicate all HR programs which include performance evaluations, development plans, career development, and criteria for promotions and promotions.
- Provide direct organizational development with management support.
- Representing the services and resources available to the business and helping to manage the Human Resources reputation of the organization as a whole.
- Ensure actions and delivery of the Practice and Service Centers aligned with the total Human Resources strategies and satisfy the business needs.
- Understand business issues and determine the implications for Human Resources.
- Manage the effective planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all Human Resources programs and problems with the business.
- Orient managers and employees in a series of Human Resources matters; establishment of Human Resources solutions to support critical business results, organizational design and restructuring; organizational effectiveness (including assessment needs, organizational development, and performance excellence).
- Identify and develop programs to deal with employee’s engagement.
- Promote employee understanding and contribute to a positive climate in employee relations through effective communications.
- Guarantee the effective delivery of Human Resources development programs.
- Act as the resident Human Resources expert and provide advice and consulting services for client areas. Provide consulting on organization design / structure issues; to ensure optimal performance.
- Understand the issues and dynamics of the business and be able to determine the implications in Human Resources.
- Manage and establish the appropriate strategies for relations with employees, tactics and processes to serve and value the organization and Management.
- Ensure compliance with related laws, regulations, policies, practices and procedures, in coordination with OEC.
Minimum Experience / Required Skills
- Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Administration,
- Knowledge at an advanced level of the English and Spanish languages.
- 8 to 10 years of related progressive experience in different Human Resources functions or in related areas.
- Previous experience in supervision and leadership with multiple levels of professionals ideally in matrix organizations
- Experience in managing all relative aspects of local labor laws and administrative requirements within Human Resources and Employee Relations to comply with local requirements.
- Skills in leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, decision making, adaptability and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Build relationships and influence client areas on issues related to Human Resources.
- Ability to translate business objectives into Human Resources strategies and tactics.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.