Associate Director, Immunology Brand Strategy Insights and Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The role of Immunology Brand Strategy Insights and Analytics Associate Director within U.S. Commercial, AbbVie is to execute Insights and Analytics plan in support of the strategic and tactical plans that drive the Immunology franchise.
The creation of this role will elevate the responsibility of a critical component of this ongoing business transformation. It will require the development and application of insight and analytics along with the ability to interface with key business partners including Brand Marketing, Finance/Forecasting and Market Access.
This will require integration across all aspects of the Immunology franchise including the Rheumatology, Dermatology and Gastroenterology franchises along with the Patient Services and Institutional Account Executive teams. As the Immunology franchise evolves over the next three years, the on-going performance of the new launches across a variety of indications, the development and execution of a biosimilar strategy and the development of new platforms to help patients identify products that will elevate their standards of care are critical to the evolution of this franchise.
STRATEGY, INSIGHTS AND ANALYTICS
To provide strategic insights and analytics leadership to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through modeling and analysis of physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic factors.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue.
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes through the application of analytics and insights.
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication.
- Collaborate with functional peers in coordinating insights and analytic initiatives.
- Working closely with brand team on key initiatives that require analytics or primary research support including biosimilar strategy development and analysis, improving standards of care, CiF transition and other strategic initiatives.
UNDERSTAND BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- Possess strong understanding of the broad healthcare environment and specific therapeutic areas to identify and proactively address opportunities and threats.
- Understand the healthcare business environment and pricing: federal, state and local governments, payor and managed care markets, and distribution channels.
- Effectively utilize decision making for both strategic and operational decisions, balancing the near and long-term goals.
INTERPRET FINANCIAL DATA
- Involved with financial planning process
- Keep continuous pulse on competitive trends and claims and provide guidance on AbbVie and competitors performance and claims
- Stakeholders: Directors and Associate Directors of Marketing, Customer Analytics and Operations teams, Marketing Access, BTS, Medical and HEOR.
- Reporting relationship: Reports to Director, Immunology Brand Strategy Insights and Analytics.
- Focus (Scope): 60% Strategic/40% Tactical
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or Master’s is preferred
- 8+ years of Market Research and Analytics experience, preferably in the Pharma/BioTech industry
- Possess an expert understanding of custom research methodologies
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to “tell the story”
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
- Experience with current methods in Primary Research and Analytics/Machine Learning.
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IMS/SHS Sales Data (APLD, DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), and Specialty pharmacy data.
- Requirement to work “hands on” with analytical tools
- 10% travel based on business need
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.