AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Procurement Manager will manage the plant procurement function to assure materials and supplies are available to meet production needs, and to ensure these functions are performed within financial and regulatory guidelines. Lead formulation and timely execution of strategic supply initiatives across multiple commodities. Lead collaboration between suppliers, plant and administrative personnel for product life cycle, cost reduction, and new product development.
- Manages all procurement functions, policies, and programs of the manufacturing facility.
- Ensures proper supply of materials and services to support plant production, customer service, quality, and financial goals.
- Solicits and considers supplier proposals. Selects primary suppliers through competitive bid processes and comprehensive evaluation of supplier capabilities and quality systems. Negotiates and awards supplier contracts.
- Develops and administers the annual Material Cost budget and Procurement department overhead budgets in addition to developing and maintaining the metrics for the Procurement department to ensure comprehensive support of the manufacturing facility.
- Heightens strategic importance of the procurement function through communication, teamwork, integrity, ethics and supplier negotiations and establishes and implements procurement strategies to resolve immediate and long-term problems affecting operations.
- Develops departmental policies to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements in addition to developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years of Procurement experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in management role.
- Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- BT Systems knowledge and Proficient in Microsoft Office including Project. Expert knowledge of MRP systems logic and functionality.
- Regulatory Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.