Senior Global Product Analyst – Mobile and Web
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for delivering quality functional requirements that reflect the overall product vision of enabling an exceptional patient experience through the digital ecosystem.
Primarily collaborates with business teams to translate business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance, and effective business use of information systems for a business area.
- Works directly with business unit clients and BTS teams to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for identifying, drafting, refining and validating user stories
- Ability to operate under SAFe Agile methodology and using DevOps tools to collaborate across a matrix global organization.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of technology products and services.
- Implementation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other technology teams and services to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and other technology teams and services to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions, and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other technology teams and services to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in highly regulated industry (Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences preferable)
- 3+ years experience in Agile environment, Scrum and SAFe frameworks
- Experience with Web and Mobile channel is an asset
- Experience with the use of deployment tools and change sets is preferred
- Experience with the following technologies and tools:
- Salesforce.com (Health Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities)
- Jira & Confluence
- Visio, Lucid Charts, Figma and other visualization tools
Professional Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to decompose business needs into clear, complete, and accurate system requirements using various methods (visualization, process flows, user stories etc.)
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix team environment
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities to ensure efficient use of resource and address critical issues
- Ability to monitor results and develop, propose and implement action plans
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment independently
- Demonstrated relationship and stakeholder management skills; customer-centric approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- Collaborative, innovative, and consultative work style
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.