Associate Director, Web Platforms
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Web Platforms is responsible for the Web technologies platforms and services in the Marketing Technology Services organization supporting AbbVie’s US Commercial business. This role has responsibility over the technology management, development, testing, and operations related to the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Cloud platform as well as other major content management platforms such as Sitecore and related digital and Web technologies. This role will have responsibility to define and maintain AbbVie’s Web platforms technology strategy and roadmap, plan and manage the enablement of new capabilities, manage a diverse portfolio of branded and unbranded website projects, oversee the delivery and effectiveness of digital, technical, and content factory services, production agencies and other MarTech service providers. This role will also work with other MarTech teams to manage tools and standards for various marketing and web technologies. He/she will play a critical role of enabling and sustaining AbbVie’s digital transformation goals such as intuitive, insights driven, connected customer experiences for patients and health care professionals that are powered by continuous digital innovation.
The Associate Director, Web Platforms will provide management oversight, coaching, and mentoring to an organization of over 40 resources including 4 employees and multiple vendor partners. They will manage a base budget of approximately $2+ MM and a project portfolio of approximately $6+ MM annually. He/she will report directly to the Head of Marketing Technology Services in the Brand BTS Organization.
Qualified candidates must have proven experience with the Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore or similar CMS and Web application platforms and experience managing technology vendors as well as digital agencies delivery on the web platform(s).
- Anticipate and understand the MarTech and AdTech needs of the US Commercial organization; lead teams to recommend innovative technology solution options to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the Technology Platforms and continuously educate IT and business stakeholders on the capabilities of the Web platforms and technologies including Adobe Marketing and Experience Cloud, Sitecore, and other technical web capabilities.
- Partner and Collaborate with other business organizations to maintain and develop roadmap of capabilities and features based on business goals and vision.
- Propose, initiate, and lead programs that create new digital marketing capabilities. Establish consensus on the value and need for new capabilities.
- Direct teams to manage project portfolio of Web projects; leveraging experience to anticipate risk and drive continuous improvement on communication and execution.
- Ensure that project estimates and timelines are competitive, consistent, comprehensive, and risk tolerant.
- Ensure latest agile methodologies and frameworks are leveraged effectively based on continuous development, continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous operations mindset.
- Drive continuous improvements in processes, cost, velocity, and throughput of the development teams.
- Establish and maintain KPIs, development standards and guidelines for effective use of the Web Platform technologies and solutions, their integration within the Web CMS platforms, and other core AbbVie systems such APIs, Web Services etc.
- Ensure Operational excellence for all the Web Platforms and associated applications including service level agreements that meet or exceeds the expected KPIs.
- Effectively work with Manager, Director and VP level IT and business leaders across Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, MABI, and HEOR to drive for results.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Provide management oversight, coaching, and mentoring for a team of 4+ employees and multiple vendor partners.
- Manage department budget of $2+MM and project portfolio of approximately $6+MM annually.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Project Management experience. Business and process experience.
- Proven experience with the Adobe Experience Manager and managing digital agency delivery.
- 4+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- Significant experience and understanding of marketing and advertising technologies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, leadership, and ability to influence executives.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other managers.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Negotiation with IT suppliers and Marketing Agencies.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
- Financial and budgetary acumen.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.