Salesforce Technical Architect
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie International Commercial Organization is looking for a Salesforce Architect to be part of the Architecture and Strategic Initiatives team in the digital transformation journey to define application, data, integration and technical architecture for the OneCRM – Exceptional Patient Experience platform built on Salesforce.com products (Health Cloud, Sales/Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud etc.) for best-in-class patient service programs across all International brands.
This position is expected to conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant business problems, generate new proposals and lead the implementation efforts, Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains across Patient Services functional areas.
This position is expected to act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
- As a lead Salesforce Architect within the Platform engineering and Governance team, this position will be responsible to work with the Product Owner, Affiliates, Solutions/Technical Architect, Business Analysts, System Integrators etc to prioritize, groom, design, and estimate the epics/user stories for the Patient Relationship Management application and platform.
- Develop architecture & design for new business capabilities, build proof of concepts, demonstrate the solution to solutions architect & product owner, and obtain approval for implementation.
- Define and enforce design standards (Coding principles and Configuration/Customization best practices); Conduct regular audits of the org to ensure development team is adhering to the design standards; Review the detailed design and code during development cycle to ensure the system meets the defined acceptance criteria for the features.
- Assist in Defining/Establishing release & deployment strategy, including but not limited to configuration management, release management, code branching strategy in version control system, CI/CD pipeline, etc.
- Create the integration design for portals/websites, mobile applications to exchange data with Salesforce.com solution; Provide design recommendations to build mobile apps using Salesforce Mobile SDK and APIs.
- Review the technical documentation to ensure it meets the documentation standards and deliver to release manager to comply with AbbVie SLC policy
- Actively participate in various meetings: daily standups, Technical Grooming Meeting, release planning, project retrospection meetings and Other Agile Scrum meetings etc.
- Lead revamping and re-designing of Salesforce.com Health Cloud, Community and Marketing cloud to deliver End-To-End best-in-class patient communications
- Own the technical architecture, design and development of the Patient Relationship Management platform and its integration with external systems
- Own the data architecture, management and governance for Salesforce.com implementation.
- Govern the changes made to the platform to ensure development team is leveraging out of the box features with less customization
- Conduct formal technical research and define adoption process to solve business problems and improve patient experience
- Assist in Defining migration strategy for migrating existing applications to Salesforce.com
- Assist in implementation of DevOps automation for Salesforce.com in collaboration with enterprise architecture team to gain productivity improvements and reduce the time taken to move the committed code to production.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, technology providers, and other architects to develop technology and information architectures, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Effectively function as a principle architect, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for technology within his/her area of expertise on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering, including data warehousing, data integration, and software development.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Must have 5+years of Salesforce.com implementation experience in multiple and complex enterprise level projects, with experience working in product such as salesforce health cloud, sales/service cloud, marketing cloud, force.com platform etc.
- Must have hands-on experience with Salesforce configuration (Process Builder, App Builder, Community Experience Builder, Workflow, Data Model and Schema Builder, Standard and Custom Objects, Profile, Permission Set, Security Controls etc.) and Salesforce Customization (Apex, Trigger, LWC, Aura, Visual Force, Various Standard and Custom API’s, Salesforce Mobile SDK etc.)
- Must have ~2 years of hands-on experience with building complex Lightning Web Components for target consumption in Salesforce Community Experience Builder, Salesforce Lightning App Builder, Salesforce Flow Builder, Salesforce and Custom Mobile Apps etc. for ~2 enterprise level complex projects
- Must have ~2 years of hand-on experience with Using Copado (Preferred) OR Equivalent Salesforce DevOps tools
- Must have ~2 years of hand-on experience with Salesforce Dx
- Must have expert level understanding of the Salesforce products, including Health Cloud, Sales, Service and Marketing Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform.
- Must have experience defining comprehensive solution architecture, identifying gaps between current and future state solutions, define transition plan, rollout and deliver solution that meets the business outcomes.
- Must have experience integrating Salesforce with external systems and data warehouses, using integration tools like Information Cloud, Mulesoft, ESB etc.
- Must have experience using version management tools and CI/CD Tools
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain options and alternatives, and rationale for associated recommendations
- Ability to efficiently and concisely illustrate and communicate concepts in words and diagrams
- Ability to abstract core elements or components of solution or business need and propose common/re-usable services
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, business and technical environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer science concepts including algorithms, data structures, encryption and networking
- Flexibility in designing systems - including leveraging new or emerging technologies
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.