Senior Pricing Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the objectives of the Purchase Based Contracting (PBC) organization by facilitating the creation, maintenance, and management of purchase-based contracts.
The primary responsibility will be contract authoring for a portfolio of products that include:
1. Dalvance, Teflaro, and Avycaz in the anti-infective market.
2. Liletta in the women’s health market.
3. Botox in the neurology and urology markets.
4. Group Purchase Organization (GPO) support for a variety of products and strategies.
5. Ad-hoc contracting for a variety of other products (Xen, mature products, etc).
Additionally, the incumbent will play a key role in developing and executing price strategies, working closely with the Sales and Brand teams. The incumbent will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to develop and foster solid internal and external cross-functional relationships (i.e. Brand, Legal, Sales, Pricing, external customers, etc.). Adherence to OEC policies and procedures, including periodic training modules and certifications, will be required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Supporting contracting requests, including the maintenance of term extensions and amendments.
- Developing and negotiating contract language, in accordance with AbbVie’s policies and procedures, which will enable AbbVie to secure long term agreements with external customers.
- Ensuring that contract terms are consistent with established pricing guidelines, procedures, and strategies.
- Participating in designing contract strategies with the Brand, Sales, and Legal teams.
- Researching issues, addressing inquiries, and providing necessary support resulting from contract operations. Following any requests made through to conclusion and communicating results accordingly.
- Analyze and validate all aspects of rebates and administrative fees for contracts to insure profitability.
- Documenting and reviewing key processes with an eye towards improvement.
- Interacting continuously with the Brand, Marketing and Sales Management, Account Executives, Government Pricing team members, Legal, as well as external customers as needed.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the PBC organization with contracting efforts, ensuring timely and accurate contract implementation. The incumbent is an experienced individual contributor and is expected to assume full accountability for areas of responsibility with only minimal supervision and technical guidance. The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of defined guidelines. This position will report to the Manager, Purchase Based Contracting.
Basic Qualifications: 5+ Years of progressive Contracting/Finance/Accounting experience.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Robust attention to detail in the creation of documentation.
- Ability to review and identify data and document discrepancies.
- Extensive interpersonal skills to include excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products as well as Adobe.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, often with shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Ability to gather data from a variety of sources to use in document and report preparation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or similar Business discipline is preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.