Associate Director, Oncology Marketing - Ibrutinib
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Serve as the subject matter expert for the Brand Team to optimize current indication and/or new product launches. Lead strategic planning and development of key marketing pillars such as brand story, positioning, segmentation, creative development and messaging. Spearhead all marketing initiatives from strategic development to full tactical roll-out including appropriate approval process. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality of deliverables in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to achieve financial objectives. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with alliance partners to drive business results in a compelling, effective and timely way. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced marketer seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for patients in the hematology/oncology space.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing Director(s) and business leaders to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals including patients’, market and financial results.
- Drive and participate in business and marketing plans process.
- Effectively work, collaborate and drive results through our co-promotion alliance on both strategic alignment and tactical roll-out in a timely fashion.
- Influence business leaders and effectively collaborate cross-functionally to deliver business results.
- Develop and review key marketing materials and lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process.
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, segment marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IT.
- Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, best in class training on promotional tools and programs.
- Manage and monitor A&P budget and develop metrics to measure programs’ success.
- Champion cross-functional activities at key congresses and tradeshows.
- Develop and deliver executive updates for business reviews and new findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7+ Years of relevant experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products or significant experience promoting hematology/oncology products
- Proven marketing experience with increased proficiency in all marketing skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts by resource allocation
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners, agency partners and ideally, alliance partners.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with the management of budgets and vendors
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.